Terms and Conditions
By using the Service you agree to be bound by all of the terms in this Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (the “Agreement”). If you do not fully agree with this Agreement, do not use the Service. Your failure to follow this Agreement may result in termination of your access to the Service, without notice and in addition to any other remedies available to FIN.
Changes to Subscriber Agreement.
We may change the terms of this Agreement at any time without notice. The changes will appear in this document, which you can access at any time by going to the Terms section of our website. You agree to review this agreement periodically and signify that you agree to be bound by such changes by using a Service after changes are made to this Agreement.
Privacy and Your Account.
- No credit card information is ever stored on our servers. We use Stripe.com, one of the most secure and reputable payment processors available. All card numbers are encrypted on disk with AES-256 and decryption keys are stored on separate machines. None of Stripe’s internal servers and daemons are able to obtain plaintext card numbers; instead, they can just request that cards be sent to a service provider on a static whitelist.
Stripe’s infrastructure for storing, decrypting, and transmitting card numbers runs in separate hosting infrastructure and doesn’t share any credentials with Stripe’s primary services (API, website, etc.) For more information, you can visit Stripe’s security policy at https://stripe.com/docs/security.
Fulfillment, Fees and Payments.
- Financial Investment News agrees to serve you a subscription for a period of 1-year, unless otherwise agreed upon as noted on an invoice from Financial Investment News. You agree to pay the subscription fees incurred in connection with your subscription. Unless you have paid by check, we will bill all charges automatically to your credit card. Subscription fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription or any renewal. Generally, all fees and charges are non-refundable. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we do issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance and an opportunity to cancel.
If you have opted for payment by invoice, payment is expected within 30 days from the start of your new subscription term.
- FIN is not responsible for crediting any period where our services were not accessible due to an outstanding payment.
- Cancellation Policy: If you wish to cancel an annual subscription, you can do so at any time but the cancellation becomes effective at the end of your current billing period. Your cancellation will cancel only future charges associated with your subscription. All cancellations are effective the following billing cycle. You will not receive a refund for the current billing cycle. You will continue to have the same access and benefits of your membership for the remainder of the current billing period.
- Annual Refund Requests. Annual subscription refund requests may be honored within the first 5 days of initial purchase only. We will refund the full amount of such initial purchase, less the credit card processing fee. All refund requests must be received in writing to [email protected]
Limitations on Use.
- The text, graphics, images, video, design, organization, compilation, look and feel, advertising and all other protect-able intellectual property (the “Content”) available through the Services is our property or the property of our advertisers and licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Unless you have our written consent, you may not sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the Content received through the Services to anyone outside of your firm with the following exception: (i) You may occasionally distribute a copy of an article, or a portion of an article, from a Service to individuals without charge, provided you include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices in the same form in which the notices appear in the Service, original source attribution, and the phrase “Used with permission from Financial Investment News” or “Used with permission from GRLM, LLC.” Please consult our reprints department (212.627.7615) if you need to distribute an article from a Service to a larger number of individuals, on a regular basis or in any other manner not expressly permitted by this Agreement.
- You agree not to rearrange or modify the Content. You agree not to create abstracts from, scrape or display headlines from our content for use on another web site or service. You agree not to post any content from the Services to web logs, newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without our written consent. To request consent for this and other matters, please contact FIN at [email protected].
- You agree not to use the Services for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to a Service if, in our opinion, your use of the Service may violate any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person’s rights or violate the terms of this Agreement. Also, we may refuse to grant you a user name that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive.
- FIN reserves the right to restrict access to our publications at our discretion.
Third Party Web Sites, Services and Software.
We may link to, or promote web sites or services from other companies. You agree that we are not responsible for, and do not control, those web sites and services.
Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability.
You agree that your access to and use of this service and the content available through the Services is on an ‘as-is’ basis and we specifically disclaim any representations or warranties, express, or implied, without limitation of the fitness for a particular purpose. We do not give tax or investment advice or advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment. You should always seek the assistance of a professional for tax and investment advice. GRLM, LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and licensors (“The GRLM, LLC parties) will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you or any other person as a result of your access or use of the service for indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues (collectively, the “excluded damages”). If any section of this agreement is found to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of the agreement other than those held to be invalid, will not be affected.
GRLM, LLC and its information services do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or currentness of the information available through fin-news.com and emergingmanagermonthly.com or their respective email services and shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues (collectively, the “excluded damages”). You agree that the liability of GRLM, LLC and its information services, if any, arising out of any kind of legal claim in any way connected with fin-news.com and/or emergingmanagermonthly.com or their respective e-mail services shall not exceed the amount paid to GRLM, LLC for its use of any or all of its information services.
This Agreement contains the final and entire agreement between us regarding your use of the Services and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous oral or written agreements regarding your use of the Services. We may discontinue or change the Services or their availability to you, at any time. This Agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone. No third party is a beneficiary of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement, as well as any and all claims arising from this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America applicable to contracts made entirely within New York and wholly performed in New York, without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising out of this Agreement will be an appropriate federal or state court located in New York.